Wednesday, June 17, 2009

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY


It has rained and then sunshined here all day. Our garden really needed a good drink and so did the grass that just got planted, but I do hope it's just about done. I don't have anything crafty to share tonight now that Charlie's back to work I don't have alot of time :( I do have 3 anniversaries coming up at the end of the month (oh my that's like next week!!! uhggg!) that I have to get cards made for and I still need to do Charlie and my dad's father's day cards. We'll see if I can get crafty in the morning after bible study. There's not been a whole lot going on just back to the regular routine of the running the kids,grocery shopping,paying bills same ol' same ol'


I just wanted to touch base and hope that everybody is doing wonderful!

Oh by the way here's the recipe I promised


Gelatin Trifle

1 pkg. jell-o brand strawberry flavor gelatin

3/4 c. boiling water

1/2 c cold water

ice cubes

1 c. sliced strawberries

1 c. bananas sliced

2 c. 1/2 inch pound cake cubed

1/4 c. orange juice

1 1/2 c. cold milk

1 pkg. jell-o banilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling

1/2 c. thawed cool whip

completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Combine cold water and ice cubes to make 1 1/4 cups. Add to gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Stir in strawberries and bananas. Place cake cubes in large serving bowl; sprinkle with orange juice. Spoon gelatin mixture over cake in bowl. Chill 10-15 minutes.

Meanwhile pour cold milk into mixing bowl. Add pudding mix. With electric mixer at low speed, beat until well blended. 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand a few minutes to thicken. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over gelatin in bowl. Chill Garnish with additional whipped toppin, strawberry slices, and banana slices brushed with lemon juice, if desired.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment