Thursday, July 2, 2009

What's on my mind

I've had these thoughts running through my mind now for quit some time, I guess I've been nervous about posting them here because I'm not sure who is reading my blog. It was put upon my heart this morning that the last couple of months I've been givin certain ideas and been tugged at my heart to start them, well I've wasted time and the other day I was looking at my church bulletin and realized that a lovely young lady was starting a youth outreach at our church. Please don't get me wrong by no means am I jealous or anything (ok maybe a little disappointed in myself for not moving when I was told to move) but nothing toward the young lady at church, I would love to get involved in it with her. But let me tell ya a little history about this post---
Idea #1
back before christmas I had this idea come upon me to teach young mother's and young wives how to cook on a budget, when I told some people of my idea (the critics) I was it was a dumb idea, so I didn't go any further with it, well guess what, after christmas there was an article in the newspaper where a local hospital was starting cooking on a budget class!!! What? That was my idea! Idea #1 gone to someone else.
Idea #2
I love listening to Klove and the songs are so inspiritional. Leesha (my dd) loves it too! Robby on the other hand likes his secular music (ok I can't change everything :))anyhow I had this idea that we needed to do something to reach our children, in my opinion they are in serious trouble in this world and to say the least I'm ashamed that it's my generation that is raising this generation. Our children are left to themselves alot and many grandparents are raising their grand babies! I thought to myself "this is just wrong". So I thought something needed to be done to help our children get a better education about Jesus, what it meant to "help others" things that my generation was raised with ( I think). I know Charlie and I were raised very different but we still watched our parents help other people. I've watched young kids walk past an elderly person and just about knock them down. This is ridiculous! My thought was that I needed to talk to my pastor and see if we couldn't set something up the kids during our annual camp meeting in the spring, well guess what I was too afraid to approach him with it so this young lady had the courage that I didn't have and that's why there is now a youth outreach at our church. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited that there's something for the youngins, I just regret being afraid!
So that leads me up to now idea #3
I told Charlie a couple of months ago that I feel a tugging at my heart to let our life be a story for those who want to read it, at first he was sceptical and wasn't sure he wanted people to know the intimate details of our marriage (the good, the bad and the ugly). Well this morning I've made a decision that I'm not going to be afraid of who's reading this blog, who might get offended (even Jesus offended people without meaning too), what people might think about our family and so on. I feel that I'm being told that there's someone or some people who can learn from us. I believe that Charlie and I have gone through things in our marriage that are worth telling others about and the lessons that we've learned through them.
So I hope that you are up for some good conversations here! I love communicating with people and learning some of life's most valuable lessons from those whose already walked the path that I'm on or not on. True life stories are the best.
Now I just need to give it some thought as to where I want to begin! Please pray that God leads me in His direction!
I'm going to apologize first hand to anyone who might get offended by what is posted here! These are just my experiences and other things that I've learned.

Have a blessed day everyone and I'll post as soon as God shows me what to post first.
I got too many things going through my head right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment