Tuesday, August 25, 2009

As I sit here this morning the sunshine is just streaming in through my windows and showing signs that God has created a glorious day for us, but even with all the sunshine outside my heart is dark and heavy, full of confusion. Did I do the right thing? Was there a different way to handle the situation?

Yesturday I went to pick up my kids at my parents house and dad had hemmed up Leesha's pants for her, when we went to leave my dad decided to tell Leesha that he wasn't going to fix her biscuits and gravy anymore cuz she's getting a belly on her and she needed to lose weight. I spoke up and told him he doesn't need to be saying things like that to her, his response was "you need to be saying these things to her". WHAT??? Then this huge argument errupted and he threatened to smack my face and so I told him that my kids were not coming there anymore, he replied with "good". WHAT???? so we left

I'm not sure I handled that right, I know some people will say that I shouldn't have spoke up in front of Leesha but dang it he don't need to be talking about his grandchildren that way!

Please pray for guidance here

Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment